Young Adult Disciples in Action (Yada)
Welcome to Yada!
“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”
– Proverbs 3:6 (NIV)
Yada is a community of 20s and 30s seeking to know God and know each other. In Hebrew, “yada” means “to know” and is used in the Bible to describe a relationship with God. It implies far more than an intellectual knowledge, and expresses an intimate, personal involvement. Yada is also an acronym for Young Adult Disciples in Action, a part of National City Christian Church in Washington, DC. We are young adults, professionals, students, marrieds, and singles. Our style is informal, our topics are relevant and our discussions are sincere. Please join us Sundays and Wednesday!
What Yada Does
Spiritual development – Walking together as disciples of Christ, spiritual development is a focus of Yada. There are multiple ways to be fed spiritually as a young adult at National City.
- Disciples Space – Thursday evenings at 7 pm we meet for “D-Space”. It’s a time and space for us to grow deeper in our faith and friendship together. We meet for fellowship, worship, study, and prayer. This fall (starting September 15) we are studying the book of Amos. D-Space is held in the Community Center inside the church. Enter through the 14th St. courtyard; take a right at the visitor’s desk and it’s right there!
- Community Service – There are many opportunities for community involvement in Yada as a group and as individuals. Some of these have included helping at N-Street village, Habitat for Humanity, Help the Homeless Walkathon, Capitol Area Food Bank and Angel Tree.
- Social Outings – In addition to meeting and greeting each other before/after church and sharing together during all of the group’s activities, social outings are another chance to have fun. These may include lunch after church, a Washington Nationals baseball game, visiting wineries or whatever the group comes up with next!
Connect with Yada
Get Yada news in your inbox by signing up for our weekly email. The best way to connect with us is to check us out! Drop by any of the activities listed on this site, or find some of us mingling after the 11am church service in the sanctuary or in the Community Center at 7 pm on Thursday nights for D-Space. We’d love to meet you!
There are lots of ways to further connect with Yada, the church, and the community. Want to help lead worship or bible study? Share your musical talent? Feed the homeless? Work with area youth? Find a way to give back to God for all you’ve received.
Also, if you are interested in joining National City Christian Church, but want to maintain your home church membership, please note we also have an associate member category. We have many active young adults serving on church committees and would be happy to pair you with the right opportunity.
Our church building is located at 5 Thomas Circle NW at Mass Ave and 14th St.
- Nearby Metro stops are McPherson Square, Farragut North, and Dupont Circle.
- Metro buses 52, 53, and 54 all stop right at the church on 14th Street. The Circulator also stops near us!
- Limited parking is available beneath the church and on the street.
Yada Support Team
Dr. Stephen Gentle