Washington Interfaith Network (WIN)
National City is a member church of the Washington Interfaith Network (WIN). Founded in 1996, WIN is a broad-based, multi-racial, multi-faith, strictly non-partisan, District-wide citizens’ power organization, rooted in local congregations and associations. WIN is committed to training and developing neighborhood leaders, to addressing community issues, and to holding elected and corporate officials accountable in Washington, DC. WIN’s 48 dues-paying members represent 25,000 families in every section of the District and reflect its theological, racial, geographic, and economic diversity.
National City’s Win Team invites those with an interest in social justice and a desire to work toward making a positive change in the lives of “the least among us” (Matthew 25:40) to join us.
The current areas of focus are below:
- Voter registration and increasing voter turnout among young (18-34), unemployed, and homeless voters in the city
- Volunteer training
- Phone banking
Homelessness and Housing
- Ending youth homelessness in the city
- Creating viable housing options for seniors, homeless families, and addressing the concerns and living conditions of residents at the DC General shelter and other shelters around the city
- Creating and maintaining affordable housing options for working class city residents
- Educating city residents about the importance of affordable housing and its positive impact on neighborhoods to create the community sentiment, “Yes, in my backyard!”
Development activities which help WIN raise money to support the organization
Support of the “Ban the Box” campaign which increases the chance of ex-offenders finding employment by allowing them to complete the application process
Workers’ Rights and Employment
- Working with the Amalgamated Transit Union to ensure that transit workers are properly trained and paid fairly
- Ensuring that all residents in the District of Colombia have equal access to jobs and employment opportunities
If you would like to join our WIN Team, contact Bailey Childers at email@example.com.
Your mind, body, education, energy, and talents are needed to effectuate positive change in this city!